Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Back from the 'burgh

We had a lovely few days in Edinburgh and at my Parents catching up with people. Thankfully, my Dad is much better after being in hospital, which is an immense relief. I think he'll have to take it easy for the next month or so but at least he's on the mend. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to see my Gran who has been very ill also. I had some stomach bugness going on over the weekend and I couldn't risk infecting my Gran with it.

As always, going away made me realise how much I miss my family and friends. G and I had a chat on the train about the possibility of moving back or closer, at least. It's odd but I just get all confused whenever we discuss it. I don't want either of us committing career suicide by moving back to Scotland, as I can't see how that helps anything. I'm also worried that my general inability to settle here has been due to a lack of direction in the career department. I don't want to spend my life running away from problems instead of solving them. What I do know is that I don't have the social network here that I need. I also know that I don't feel any sort of deep connection to London and I'm unsure that I will ever manage to make one.

*confused*

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Oh hun, so sorry you feel so confused. Totally understand your feelings. *HUUUUGS*

Sorry you didn't see your gran, but I am glad your dad is feeling better and recouperating.

We're looking into travelling down to London end of March ... Legoland opens on 22nd!! :D

3:24 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home