Thursday, January 08, 2009

Photo a day?

Every new year there is a deluge of photo a day challenges on scrapbooking forums and I usually ignore them. However, after reading posts on Kat's and Shimelle's blog, I've decided to play along... a little. Over the last few years I have grown to be strict about getting involved with anything that entails any sort of daily/weekly/monthly committment (with the exception of classes etc) as I get upset when life gets in the way making it more of a stress than a pleasure.

However, in saying that, I would like to take more photos in a way that documents the little things as well as big events. So, I am going to attempt to do a daily(ish) photo on Flickr with a little bit of blurb. More like an online photo diary really containing little snippets of my life. I've got some photos ready to go and will be popping them on flickr this weekend. I'll post a link when they are done.

I also think it's a good opportunity for me to play with camera more. I know I need to learn more about my camera and this is a good chance to experiment. The photo in this post was the result of me playing about with a vase of white roses and a spotlight! I really enjoyed looking at the different results as I moved the light around!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Yay, hun!! :) Looking forward to your photies!! :) We've got a group on Flickr if you want to join - no problem if you miss a day or so. Quite nice comments from the others as well.

9:23 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home