Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas is so close I can taste it!

Or at least I will be able to once I finish work this evening! Then it's off home to do a whole load of cooking to take with me when we go to Graeme's parents tomorrow. Graeme's Mum has learned how to delegate this year, so Graeme and I are doing starters for both Christmas Day and Boxing Day. We are planning on making little potato pancakes with smoked salmon and creme fraiche for Christmas Day, and Chantenay carrot and honey soup for Boxing Day. So tonight I am making the soup and the potato pancakes as they can easily be reheated on the day. I'm also hoping to make some gingerbread cookies to take with me as well.

On a different note entirely, Graeme and I went to see "Twilight" at the weekend. I read the book while I was recovering from my operation and thoroughly enjoyed it (it and season one of "Dexter" helped distract me from the pain). The film is good if you keep in mind it's aimed at teenage girls. Admittedly, some of the special effects are really lame and Robert Pattinson takes a bit of time to settle in to the role of Edward Cullen. I'm not entirely sure it was the kind of book that would ever make a good film but it was a decent effort.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Your starters and ginger cookies sound yum!

9:54 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home