Friday, January 02, 2009

Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009

Happy New Year all! We had a bit of an odd Hogmanay this year. Graeme's friends are staying as usual and we all decided we didn't want to stress of struggling into the centre of London again. Instead we went up the road to the roundabout at the top of the hill where you can see the London Eye! Unfortunately, it was a bit hazy so we didn't see much but there were loads of fireworks going on over Putney, which was nice. Admittedly, it was so chilly we didn't spend too long outside before heading back to the flat to enjoy some champagne!

2008 gave me:

  • a new job. So much better than the old one but still not 100% what I need. Nicer workplace + nicer management = much less stress!
  • a new flat and a mortgage to go with it (eek!)
  • a trip to Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro
  • Chai Lattes and the best Yule Log ever (Waitrose patisserie)
  • four less teeth than I started the year with!
Aims for 2009:
  • to do some soul searching and come up with a proper career plan

  • to learn to ski

  • to go somewhere really special for my 30th birthday

  • to improve my bellydancing significantly

  • to write a diary again - started this one already!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Hello back blogging! Glad your starters were yummie ... wish I could have tasted them.
Quite fancy going abroad for my 35th myself... fancy going to Austria or Switzerland for Hogmanay 2009? Might come in handy for your skiing! ;)

11:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah so this is where you are. Not quite sure how I lost you in transit, but I did!
Happy New Year :)
Rho

2:02 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home