Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama-nia

Today I have been totally caught up in the sea of emotion surrounding the inauguration of Barack Obama as US President. I have to admit that I was sceptical when he first appeared in the race for the White House all those months ago. I had no idea who he was and what he stood for. Now, I think I am a total convert and that realisation comes as a surprise. I think he embodies what America and the western world need right now - hope and unity.

A group of us gathered around a PC in our office at work at 4pm to watch the ceremony together. I don't think any of us were disappointed. Obama's inauguration speech hit all the right notes and as a scientist my heart soared when he said "we will restore science to its rightful place". I sincerely hope that he can keep his promises, as so many people whole-heartedly placed their faith in him today.

"...know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy"
- Barack Obama

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home