Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Possibly one of the most frustrating days ever

After the joy of Monday, yesterday was probably the most frustrating day I've had in a long time. All in all, I spent 5 hours yesterday getting to and from work. The district line surpassed itself in failing to provide anything resembling any sort of service at all. As far as I could see most of the problems weren't weather related but due to mechanical failures. The only respite was courtesy of buses that, although slow, were actually heated. By the time I got home, I really, really wanted to break something!

On top of this, the councils of London seem unaware that there is a concept called "gritting the pavements", so most pavements in Putney are now best negotiated with ice-skates! Makes getting to and from the tube station a very slow trek. It's still awful this morning.

Nevermind though, it's off to Edinburgh for a few days tomorrow! Hooray for going home!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having my first snow day in 3 years. It's awesome.

4:10 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

Have fun back here in bonny Scotland.

9:58 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home