Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Snow day!

I peeked out the bedroom blinds yesterday morning to be greeted by a gorgeous winter wonderland. It's been a long time since I've seen snow that deep (even in Scotland) and I certainly never expected to encounter it in London. As I trudged around to the tube station I was aware that the streets were eerily empty. There was hardly another person around! All was explained when I reached East Putney tube station to find it closed and a sign outside stating that all buses and trains were cancelled too. As heartbreaking as it was, I had to acknowledge that getting to work was a futile endeavor and that the only thing to do was head home for a nice cup of Lady Grey.

It was truly lovely to watch all the kids (and adults) playing in the snow. Loads of snowmen began springing up all over the place and things just felt magical. It was like everyone's mood had lifted and adults could let their inner child run free for a little while! G and I ventured out for a walk to Fulham Palace, which just looked like something off an old fashioned postcard. We enjoyed the sound of snow crunching under our feet, threw some snowballs and generally acted silly. On the way home we warmed up with a Caffe Nero hot chocolate. Bliss.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home