Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Scrapaganza - tastic!

What a fantastic weekend I had. Scrapaganza was excellent :O) I came home with so many goodies that I am going to have to seriously rearrange the scrap-room! It was also great to meet so many lovely people, who I've only ever spoken to online.



On the Friday, we went on a trip to the Keukenhof gardens. Although, it was the last weekend, there was still plenty of colour (even if some of the tulips were a bit windswept). There were stunning displays of lilies and orchids too. I had never seen such a variety of flowers. Some of them were displayed as walls of flowers and they were just gorgeous.


After that, it was time to go to the hotel and register for a weekend of manic scrapping. We did three classes on the Friday - two Ranger Inks ones and the first Heidi Swapp one. I really enjoyed the canvas class as it was something new, but the other one was a little disappointing. As for Heidi Swapp, I am still in shock at how many goodies we were given. Even though it was three classes, it was still generous. By the time Friday night came, I was shattered!



Saturday worked out well. I had a nice break in the morning, meaning I didn't feel too stressed. I also got time to get some piccies of Egmond, as it had finally stopped raining! My first class, Transparency Techniques, was one of the best of the whole weekend. Karen Burnisten was an excellent teacher and the class was packed with ideas. I loved the Rusty Pickle classes too - the jar was one of the only classes I finished all weekend! The only real disappointment on the Saturday was the Make it Meaningful class. I thought it would be more journalling orientated than it was. I think it tried to be but fell short of the mark.

Sunday was good fun too. CHA #3 was a right let-down though. It was completely different from advertised and the kit wasn't particularly nice (actually, it was rotten). However, the Shabby Chic Scrapping class more than made up for it. We got a gorgeous mini-album and all the stuff to make the pages. I'll be working on that as soon as my Herma restocks arrive :o)

So, probably 8/10 from me. The classes were excellent but there were little organisational niggles which could have been dealt with much better. I'm planning on going next year but I am also considering doing an Altered Art weekend as well. Hopefully, I can fit it all in :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home