Monday, March 23, 2009

The clouds have passed for now...

I haven't really felt like blogging over the last few weeks. I had a bit of a low patch, so I did my usual hiding away from the world until the sun came out again. Some weeks I just let work, London and all sorts of other things get on top of me. Thankfully the beautiful blossom and blue skies of Spring have helped cheer me up over the last few days.

There have been lots of goings-ons though. The highlight being Graeme and I booking our trip for my 30th birthday. We decided on Peru in the end, and we've picked a really exciting itinerary! We're going to trek the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, which is a dream come true. I visited an exhibition when I was young called "Oro del Peru". It was at the City Arts Centre in Edinburgh and the cover of the exhibition catalogue was a photo of Machu Picchu. It really captured my imagination then and I've always wanted to go. In some ways, I find it weird to think I'll be going as it's turned into some semi-mythical location in my mind! I'm not sure I can believe that I am going, to be honest. I'd better get a grip soon as I need to get myself walking boots etc and arrange for us to get vaccinations!

I've also been doing a lot of ATS workshops as well as my weekly class. I'm totally in love with it! I adore the moves, the costumes and the connection with the group. It really is a breath of fresh air after stalling at intermediate level egyptian bellydance. That's not to say that I'm going to give up egyptian style, but I feel that ATS is feeding what I need right now. I think ATS is much more "me". The thought of being able to dance with anyone who knows the FCBD cues and moves is just so exciting. Also, the costumes are more my style - black and rich jewel colours with loads of jewellery. Perfect.

I'm probably going to write a lot more about my dancing on this blog, so consider yourself warned!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home