Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Goodbye to winter skin

A few weeks ago I discovered that South Thames College has a beauty salon staffed by students that does treatments for fantastic prices. As my skin looks absolutely awful after the winter/surgery/lurgy combo of the last few months, I booked myself in for a £7 facial.

I had to go for the "special facial" which involves all sorts of gadgets, so I was quite nervous about leaving with my face intact. However, I had nothing to worry about. The treatment was really nice and much more relaxing than I thought it would be. The worst bit was the comedone (AKA blackhead) extraction which really hurt. The pores on my nose look much better though and my skin as a whole looks much smoother!

For £7 I don't think you can go wrong. Admittedly, the salon is a bit like a hospital ward, and a lot of the students stand around chatting while you're being treated. If these things don't bother you and you like a bargain, I would definitely recommend giving your local college beauty salon a try. I'm considering booking a massage for my week off in April!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home