Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Weekend update!

Finally, some time to post! I had a lovely weekend last weekend. Graeme and I did our first spot of "gardening" together. We've got our own little patch of grass (or more accurately, weeds) out the front of the flat and we wanted to brighten it up. So, we put together a nice window-box. The box itself was lying in the garden with a brick in it. Hmmm, I don't know what that says about previous tennants! We had a little trip to Homebase and I bought some herbs and bulbs. So there's some lavender and thyme in there, along with some mini daffodils and irises. The lavender will be lovely in the summer when we have the window open. The smell will just waft through the flat :o) It's a small start but I'm hoping we can put together a few more boxes and pots over the coming month.

On Sunday, we went to the Chinese New Year celebrations in Trafalgar Square. I was really looking forward to it but I felt quite disappointed in the end, as it was just so busy. Trafalgar Square was obviously too small a venue to hold such a popular event. It was a lovely atmosphere though, and it was nice to see so many people from different cultures getting together to celebrate with the Chinese community. One of the big highlights for me was getting to see a Dragon dance. They are just so amazing - the performers must have so much energy. Graeme managed to get some piccies too :o)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

That's a fabulous Windowbox ... I really have to get my garden work done, now that I have a little more time.

And the photo from the Chinese Lantern is fab ... wish I could have been in London for Chinese New Year!

10:29 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home