Thursday, January 25, 2007

My current obsessions...

These are a few of my favourite things at the moment!

I'm currently reading Derren Brown's book and it makes fascinating reading. I'm a huge fan of his shows and he constantly amazes. His book is just as interesting - he goes through the concepts of magic, memory, hypnosis and various other bits and bobs. I was completely delighted last night when, in the space of a few pages, he managed to help my ability to memorise things improve incredibly using the simplest of techniques.

On Tuesday, Graeme and I went to a lecture at the Dana Centre called "The Power of Hypnosis" where I had the chance to see some of the ideas in the book in action. It was really interesting to hear of current research into hypnosis as well. Interestingly, hypnosis is now finally being recognised as a distinct change in consciousness, which was something often disputed by scientists in past years.

Moving swiftly on to obsession number 2 - Momiji dolls. I got the little Japanese doll in John Lewis after Christmas. I had seen them before but I had never treated myself. I couldn't resist this little one who was in the sale. Of course, she'll need some friends now ;o)

Last but not least, obsession 3 - Hummus Bros! The badge was picked up today in the new branch of Hummus Bros that has just opened near work. I had never heard of them before but now I am a convert. I love hummus and a place that serves bowls filled with the stuff is fine by me! As an added bonus, they are dead cheap, which is a pleasant change for London :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home