Monday, December 11, 2006

Truly Wicked!

Graeme and I went to see "Wicked" on Thursday night with some people from work. I've been longing to see it for ages and it was one of the main plus points to moving to London! Thankfully, it didn't disappoint!

It was absolutely amazing, fantabulous and every other thing I wanted it to be! The set was excellent, right down to the dragon hovering over the stage. The costumes were gorgeous and the story struck a chord.

Idina Menzel, who is playing Elphaba until the end of December, was truly amazing. There are really not enough words to describe the talent of this woman. She had an absolute powerhouse of a voice and fantastic stage presence. She also looks strangely good in green. When she sung "Defying Gravity" the shivers run up and down my spine. I don't think I've ever been to a musical with such a "wow" factor.

Needless to say, I want/need to go back and see it again. I'd love to see how the new Elphaba compares to the old. I only hope she realises what she's up against!

Go see it NOW!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Anam_Kihaku said...

cool - is that the same wicked as willowfae is in?

6:24 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home