Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas Journal: Day 4


It's a bit of a surreal entry this! I was severely limited by which Christmas associated photos I actually had available. However, I couldn't miss the chance to feature one of our quirky family traditions :o)

The journalling is hidden behind the photo and reads:

The thing I love about Christmas is getting time to spend with my parents and friends. Everyone is relaxed and there’s none of the everyday stresses. My perfect Christmas would be all of us together enjoying each other’s company. Everyone would get presents they liked and the one thing that they really wanted. We’d have a great big dinner in the afternoon, which I’d quite happily cook. After it all, we’d gather round a big roaring fire for some mulled wine and make merry until very, very late.

Of course, one final thing we could not be without is the annual monkey treasure hunt! Every year, Dad creates a treasure hunt around the house ending in a monkey friend for Mum. Crazy? Possibly, but I wouldn’t be without it!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Oh, hun... LOVE IT!!! Monkey hunt... ROTFL!!! AS for the roaring open fire ... I WANT ONE!!!! ;)

10:34 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

LOL - is it the same monkey friend every year??

11:14 pm  
Blogger Kat said...

Oh - and you're TAGGED!! :)

11:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great photo, the monkey looks happy! I also really like your banner.

9:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out this Monkey Treasure Hunt:
MonkeyTreasure.com

11:51 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home