Monday, November 13, 2006

Christmas is coming!

Recently, I’ve been feeling a bit apprehensive about not spending Christmas with my parents. That’s not to say I don’t want to spend it with Graeme. However, I do worry that it will be crap, as I’ve never done Christmas myself before. I suppose I just want everything I had at home but with my own slant on it.
To get the ball rolling, I bought some lovely Christmas themed plates on Saturday. They’ll look great with mince pies and a mug of mulled wine! I also bought some gorgeous material to make some Christmas place-mats – it’s all silvery with little Christmas trees in white and red on it. It’s going to be my project to help me learn how to use my sewing machine. Once I get the place-mats done, I might go and buy some lovely red material to make a tablecloth as well.

I really can’t believe all the beautiful materials that the Oxford Street John Lewis has. There were chiffons, silks, satins and velvets galore. One of the mannequins was dressed in a gorgeous leaf green satin dress. It will be years before I manage to make anything like that!

So, now I’ve gone from being worried to being excited. I’m glad that I’ve spoken to Graeme and that he knows my concerns. I think now we can both work together to make our first Christmas together fantastic :o)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

you will have a great first Christmas by yourselves, I am sure! Remember the first time Doug and I had Christmas to ourselves ... but then - it's usually Christmas Eve, and one of the bank holidays with the outlaws! ;D

11:48 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home