Monday, November 06, 2006

Sloe weekends...

Graeme and I had a lovely weekend out in Bedfordshire. It was so nice to escape the city and spend some time in greener surroundings. On Saturday, we took a quick trip to Holland & Barratts where I stocked up on cod liver oil and various herbal teas. I’ve been feeling a bit down recently (probably related to the lovely dark UK winter), so I am trying to tackle it through diet and exercise. After that, we jumped on the train out to Bedford where Graeme’s Mum picked us up. Then, we had afternoon tea (I’ve noticed we do a lot of eating at Graeme’s parents) and a good chat. Graeme’s parents are off to Sri Lanka at the weekend – lucky people. I am so jealous, especially as they are visiting an elephant orphanage! More eating then followed with some lovely Chinese food and a little glass of Port :o)

On Sunday, we went for a walk around a gorgeous lake in some country park whose name I cannot remember. We saw loads of beautiful sloe berries and rosehips. Some of the bushes were heavy with them. There were also some lovely apple trees and oaks. We ended our walk with hot chocolate and cake to replenish our energy. I had the most gorgeous piece of treacle tart. My mouth is watering just thinking of it :o) Then it was off back to Graeme’s parents for a relaxing afternoon and a lovely Sunday dinner.

All in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, cake!

The park is Harrold-Odell Country Park. Apparently it is also home to otters:

http://www.carltonwithchellington.co.uk/otters.htm

10:57 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home