Saturday, November 11, 2006

Skipping along nicely....

I mentioned in a previous post that I’ve been a little down and that I’m trying to tackle it through dietary changes and exercise. Well, what a difference one week has made!

I bought myself some multi-vitamins and Cod Liver Oil to help combat my vitamin B12 deficiency and up my Omega 3 levels. I’ve also been eating much more healthily adding in more fish and veg, while making my portion sizes smaller. There’s no reason I should be eating the same size of meals as Graeme! After one week of this, I feel so much better. I don’t have the big slumps in energy as I am eating more slow-release foods. I also don’t seem to get tired after eating dinner anymore. Finally, I am sleeping a lot better.

To supplement this, I’ve added in some fun exercise. I went out last week and bought a skipping rope, as I can skip quite easily in our living room without breaking anything. It really is good fun but it is so tiring. I lasted about 2 minutes on the first day. Now, I can last for about 5-10 minutes with little breaks every time I stumble instead of jump ;o) I find it very therapeutic as well. Once you get into a rhythm, your mind just seems to focus on that and it’s quite calming. I’ve been trying to add in some different jumps, twists etc too, so that is interesting.

It really is amazing how these little changes can make such a big change to your well-being.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Gheeesh... where have I been when you posted these? Or have you been backdating posts???

I'm going to have to look into nutrition for my condition as well now ... and skipping rope... I have one somewhere ... with a counter... mmmmh..... ;)

11:45 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home