Monday, January 01, 2007

Welcome to 2007!


Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2007 is a year where dreams come true :o)

Graeme, the three Bedfordteers, Silvia and I saw in New Year on a very crowded Waterloo Bridge in London. We stood for two hours watching the London Eye change colour before Big Ben struck midnight. The New Year fireworks were incredible and once the crowd dispersed we shared some champagne.

I asked Graeme (who is pretty unbiased being an Australian/Scottish/English hybrid) to rank the best new year experiences. Edinburgh came first (weather permitting it seems) then Sydney and then London.

As a Scot, I am most definitely biased but I'm afraid I found the London experience rather flat. The atmosphere during the countdown was lovely but up until then we had to endure idiots pushing and being a general nuisance. It just reinforced my opinion that manners are an alien concept to a significant number of people in the city. Afterwards, we were two hours getting home and most of that was finding a tube station that we could get into. I think next year, we may have to invest in a bigger TV and stay at home ;o)

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Aw - great photo of the 2 of you.

11.30pm service in St Paul's Cathedral with the Salvation Army brass band playing under the dome two years in a row was my favourite Hogmanay in London.

I fancy trying New Year in Sydney one year. Probably better weather than here in Scotland!

7:44 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home