Thursday, February 01, 2007

Terrific traybake!

Recently, there has been a spate of traybaking occuring in our kitchen. I can't say it's a bad thing really. It's simple, it's quick and it's scrumptious! I used to do traybake all the time - Rocky Road was my speciality - but since moving here I've not done any. I think it's because I used to bake for the crops and other things I participated in. Now, that I don't have that here, it's just stopped.

Not any more though! I intend to hunt out all those old traybake recipes and get back to it. The first foray back into the world of traybake was the old classic - Mars Bar Cake.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Mars Bar Cake

3 Mars Bars
2 tablespoons Golden Syrup
50g butter
A box of Rice Crispies
150g Milk Chocolate

This makes about 12 pieces. I have to say this is a very rough recipe. I just tend to make things up as I go along regarding quantities.

Anyhoo, line a baking tray with cling film. Pop the mars bars, syrup and butter in a bain-marie (or a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water, if like me, you are not posh) and melt together. Once melted, fire in as many of the rice crispies as the mixture will coat. Mix well and spoon out into the baking tray. Squish mixture down to fill baking tray. Melt milk chocolate as before. Spoon melted chocolate over mixture and spread until surface is coated. Pop whole thing in fridge overnight (or until nice and solid) and then tuck in.

Easy as that really :o)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Thanks for posting the recipe and jogging my memory. My Mum makes this and it's yum!

12:26 pm  
Blogger emhowl said...

When will you write out the rocky road recipe? I've only eaten it in a cafe.

9:51 pm  
Anonymous tarot gratis said...

Examples of these are good tips in which I most certainly will try outside, Quite possibly glad I came across the idea. Thank you.

10:33 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home