Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dance musings: fire and fusion

I'm a busy bellydancing bee at the moment. Admittedly, I did have a lazy week last week but the next few weeks will more than make up for it.

I've got a Tribal Fusion workshop on Saturday with the wonderful Darkstar. It's going to focus on pops and locks before putting them together in a short choreography. I'm really looking forward to learning more about muscle isolations and drills to strengthen them.

At the end of May, I've signed up to do a full day of workshops as part of Fire in the Belly. I'm not 100% sure I have the stamina for it, but I could not miss the chance of learning to work with fire props. It's something I've toyed with learning for a number of years. However, the opportunity never arose to indulge my pyromaniac side. Now that it has, I could not turn it down. As well as the workshops on dancing with fire props, there is a fan veil workshop that I am doing too. Loads of new toys to work with!

As well as workshops, I have my ATS class that I am getting so much out of. I really wish I could get a little practice group together to work on leading/formations etc. I might have to speak to some of my classmates and post on some forums to find some SW London ATS addicts. I'm still working on my Egyptian/Cabaret style at home and I'm trying to focus on layering drills to tighten up my technique. I'd also like to really try doing some little choreographies but I never know where to start!

Oh, I got my first proper choli for ATS too :o)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home