Monday, May 11, 2009

Kew Gardens should be charging me rent...


There has been lots of stuff happening here over the last few weeks. I've spent a lot of time at Kew Gardens. Last weekend I went by myself while G was studying. I really needed to get some space to myself and time to work through some of the things happening in my life right now. I discovered the rhododendron dell in full bloom and loads of beautiful bluebells. This weekend, I insisted on taking G and we discovered the lilac garden. The smell was truly divine!

We've also been to the cinema a few times. We went to see Coraline 3D last weekend. 3D has come such a long way from the silly paper red/green specs. It looked amazing and was suitably creepy. On Sunday, we went to see Star Trek on the IMAX screen. It was my first time seeing anything in IMAX - all I can say is WOW! I actually really enjoyed the film. I thought it was nice that they threw the timeline out of the window and did something a bit fresh.

On a boring work related note, I have managed to get a new job. It's still at my current place of work but it's more responsibility and more pennies. I think it's going to be a lot more challenging and a lot less boring than my current job. It's working on a hugely high-profile project too. As per usual, it's not perfect but it's closer to perfect than the current job.

I'm also having a huge dilemma about starting an MSc course in the Autumn. After months of soul-searching (and I mean months), I came to the conclusion that I want to be working in Public Health. It has the research angle and the human angle - perfect. I was looking at doing the distance learning MSc at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine but it is TWICE as expensive as doing it part-time over two years. The downside of part-time is I can't afford to take a cut in salary and if I do compressed hours I'll be working 8am-6pm with no lunchbreaks. I really need to win the lottery! Hmmmm, best start buying a ticket then...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Oooh.. Kew .. yeah. Wish I could go there right now (well... not at midnight, but you know what I mean! ;) ).

Hope G's studying is going ok - and congrats to your new job, hun. Hope you're a bit happier there.

Bummer about the course ... can you find something anywhere else?

12:14 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home