Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A sad loss to conservation

I can only be referring to the death of Steve Irwin, aka “the Crocodile Hunter”. I was in a Sheffield Hotel last week when I first heard the shocking news. Despite many people’s criticism of the way in which he carried out his work, I still maintain he has done a tremendous amount of good for conservation and wildlife in general. He’s made a great many children interested in nature again and not just cuddly mammals. I think people seem to ignore the fact that he was an entertainer and I think his aussie bloke act was just a way of appealing to the masses. Irwin seemed to have a genuine lust for life and I admire him for that. The world will be a more boring place without him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you on this one...we were fortunate enought to visit his park in australia once -my son is a huge fan.. I think he was an incredible man and a huge personality and a positive role model...

a sad loss...

When we went to his park my son was frantic to meet him, but steve wasnt in the park that day ...Joe being Joe fell off a huge tall koala stand and banged his head ..the park paramedics took him to steves dressing room where they patched him up..the man himself swung by to check Joe was ok and gave him a signed poster if he promised to not tell anyone he was there as it was his day off...........
I was so touched...He was a true honest man who believed in his way of life ...
If only more people were like it....

10:51 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home