Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Art journalling and other goodies....


Tried my hand at art journalling for the first time tonight. I have to admit that I had not the first clue about how to go about it, but I am reasonably happy with the results. I am taking inspiration from Rhona Farrer's 21 day challenge. This time round there is only one prompt per week, which works better for me. This week's prompt is "habit".

My first thoughts regarding habits were all those good and bad little habits we all have. I decided to illustrate some of my own for my first entry. Part of the challenge is to take some of your bad habits and deal with them, either that or make a new good habit. My habit is going to be practising my dancing more. I'm also going to try to look after myself better in general.

I met up with my ex-colleagues today for my leaving lunch. It was nice to see them all outside work. On the way home, I nipped into Waterstones and used some of my vouchers to treat myself to a 3 for 2 deal. I got "Labyrinth", "Empress Orchid" and "Wild Swans". Plenty of reading for me then :o)

Other recent goodies have been a lovely altered coaster from Laura:

And a hand-made bag charm from Linda:

Both are utterly gorgeous - I only hope my creations are as good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home