Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Back on the blogwagon (for now)...

This blog has died a death in recent times. I suppose I could never decide which direction to take it in. It could have become focused on bellydance or tea & cakes or science - all great loves of mine. However, I don't think I have the dedication (or time) to keep thinking of things to post on a single subject. Maybe, the blog just has to be a little of everything, depending on what takes my fancy in the moment. I have a tendency to make posting on the blog a chore as well. I need to get away from feeling that I need to write an essay, instead being content to just post a photo or a few sentences.

I had a lovely, relaxed Christmas and Hogmanay despite it being a bit of a damp squib in some respects. G was ill and is probably one of a few individuals who lost weight over the festive period. Thankfully, he got better in time to enjoy some of the holidays. Hogmanay was probably quieter than we've ever had, but I feel it was what we both needed.

So, 2012. The wedding now seems iminent (and it is). I could pretend it was ages away when it was 2011! Lots to do and think about, but we seem to be fairly organised on the whole.

I can't write a post without mentioning our new obsession - Skyrim. G bought me the game for Christmas and we both love it. It's just a gorgeous looking game, right down to the last detail. *sad confession time* We takes turns at playing - I do magic and he hacks at things with a big sword!

P.S. The photo is of Panpepato ("peppered bread"), an Italian delight I made to share at Christmas. It's so rich and lovely that you only need a tiny piece!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Yay!!! You're bag in Blogland!! ;) Glad to hear you had a good Christmas & Hogmanay - when you up next time? Oh ... and don't tell me of new games pls!! ;) NOOOO time!! (but you know I'll google it!!)

10:46 pm  
Blogger Alicia Foodycat said...

The panpepato looks so good!

9:49 am  
Blogger texasalarm said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:25 am  
Blogger Tomato Head Girl said...

Hi...I stumbled upon this post & I'm glad I did. While reading it I felt the same dilemma, of not being able to stick to a topic or, even share the most exciting events. By the time I'm in front of my pc the ideas starts to float away...But not too late, though...So Thanks for that reminder, and for making me feel I was not alone in that area....have a good one...(from the other side of the world Manila, Phil)

1:53 pm  
Anonymous Driveway paving Kent said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:45 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

plzz follow me...http://katessuperlife.blogspot.in/...btw..ur blog is great...

2:56 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

plzz follow me...http://katessuperlife.blogspot.in/...btw..ur blog is great...

2:56 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home