Friday, October 16, 2009

Ten days in...

... and it's all good. I started my training as a clinical scientist two weeks ago and I am really enjoying being back at the bench. For the first time since I finished my PhD, I feel like I am going in the right direction. I know it's early days yet but I really do hope I feel the same in a years time. Admittedly, I do have a lot of work to do getting my professional qualification and I may have to do an MSc (which I'm not thrilled about), but I am convinced that after the thesis trauma anything is manageable.

Off to Tribal Vibe tomorrow for a whole day of ATS workshops followed by a show in the evening. Got to get up early to get to Aylesbury for 10am. Thankfully, I have all day Sunday to lounge around and recover!

(the photo is a beautiful Peruvian butterfly. Too fast to catch open but just as beautiful closed!)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy W said...

How come you might have to do a MSc if you already have a PhD?

8:43 am  
Blogger sharonfruit said...

Yeah, that's my thinking on the matter. Looking at the MSc syllabus, much of it is stuff I did at undergrad level. I suppose it might be useful to get my knowledge more up to date again. However, the professional diploma has a large knowledge element too :o/

Who knows, is the short answer!

12:23 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home