Monday, July 13, 2009

The elephant in the room...

Well, it was a month before I could pluck up the courage to post that last post. I've been debating whether or not to mention my Mum's cancer, as I know that she sometimes reads my blog. However, I'm not sure I can write things and pretend everything is fine, while something which is utterly not fine is happening. Thankfully, everything seems to have gone well. Mum's surgery was a success and she is now on the mend. She goes to see her Consultant this week, and we're all hopeful that it's good news. I'm going to Scotland to visit my Parents in a few weeks and am very much looking forward to seeing them. Being here in London while all this has been happening has been incredibly difficult.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous rhomany said...

Fingers crossed your mum gets the all clear. It must be hard being so far away from them with so much happening.

1:33 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

Sharon - I must have missed reading your last blog post. Sorry to read that your Mum was diagnosed with cancer (and that your Dad and Grandma had health issues too) but glad to hear the surgery seems to have been a success. Sending love and hugs to you.

2:14 pm  
Blogger Kat said...

Hun, that's a big step, I can only imagine. Like mine with my mum's OP saga.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed that everything goes well and your mom is getting the all clear!!

Hopefully see you soon up here.

9:50 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home